Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Found In Translation Bike Ride Fundraiser

It was a beautiful night for a sunset ride along the Charles River in Boston last friday night. The amazing volunteers gathered to bike for an amazing cause. I was fortunate enough to come along and capture the beauty of it all.

If you're a long time reader of this blog you probably know what Found in Translation is but for those who don't know, here's my little blurb. Found in Translation in an non-profit committed to helping low-income and homeless multi-lingual women train to become medical interpreters with the use of their language skills. They provide a free 12-week course, child-care services, mentoring and job placement to help them get their way out of poverty.

This organization was founded by my friend from college, Maria Vertkin (Yes, check out her website, she is a superstar!) I'm always rooting for these guys! I'm so happy to be able to share my talents in any way that can be of service to them. These are a few of my favorite shots from the night!  I still can't believe they raised over $20,000 for next year's class of 2014!

Special thanks to the riders, Mark Stewart, who organized the ride and led the bikers, and all the sponsors who donated food and prizes!

If you feel like contributing or being a part of a great cause, please consider Found in Tranlsation. For updates follow them on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some LOVE