Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cambridge Love with Jean from Drossintogold!

This crazy internet world has allowed me the pleasure of meeting beautiful souls from all around the world. Jean is an amazing woman and her friendship is one that I truly treasure. The sparks were literally flying everywhere the first time we met!  She was visiting from Atlanta to see family and we decided to meet in Cambridge for lunch and a little shopping.

Cambridge is such a beautiful multicultural area, I feel like I've been seeing it with new eyes in the past year or so. I met up with another friend Yasmin (another beautiful soul!) from the UK here and we had a great time so I knew Jean would enjoy it as well.

We met at Boomerangs and did some thrifting and then had lunch at a great Indian place called Dosa Factory (highly recommend!). Afterwards we walked around Harvard square and did some window shopping at some of the stores around there. Of course we took a few outfit pics in between ;)


I remember the weather was so beautiful that day. There was something crisp and beautiful in the air. We spotted this alley which was full of graffiti art and decided to snap some outfit pics. There happened to be some live art happening too ;) 


Loved the colors and patterns in these women's clothing. I had to get a shot while they were walking by. Inspiration is everywhere!



I loved Jean's big scarf which she upcycled into this circle scarf creation! The colors and the way it added to the layers in the back was amazing. I couldn't forget her accessories too. All collected and thrifted. Can you tell I'm obsessed?!


I was in an experimental mode this day. I remember being a bit uncomfortable in my outfit because I don't wear high waisted things too often or hats! I had been seeing hats over scarves in magazines/pinterest and I thought it was so beautiful. I had to give it a try! I thrifted this small folk scarf over the summer in Maine (I have to blog about that trip soon) and I borrowed my husband's hat and tied it around. I added the bright lipstick to bring out the flowers in the scarf. It was fun getting out of my comfort zone even if it was a flop. I would say it's not the most flattering on me but not bad! What do you think? yay or nay?


Took another outfit shot in front of this beautiful ivy wall. I love Jean's big flowy top! She explained to me how simple it would be to make and I definitely want to give it a go.


We happened to have met an older woman that was dressed sooo funky. We both were eying her outfit. We started chatting with her and I wanted to get her picture but she insisted she never took pictures anymore and we needed our picture taken instead. She said we both belonged on a magazine haha! Even though it came out blurry it captures a beautiful memory.

Have a wonderful week and if you haven't already go check out Jean's blog Drossintogold for her fabulous adventures in fashion, thrifting, and upcyclying!

Much love!
XO

5 comments:

  1. You two are gorgeous and together its just so much unique style, me love! I have had the pleasure of meeting Jean and she is has a sweet kind soul to match her gorgeous exterior. I love seeing you both together! I think your skirt is killer maybe next time try adding a vest or different top, either way you are beautiful!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! Ya I think a vest would have been perfect!
      XO

      Delete
  2. You just transported me back to that beautiful day. Of course right now I'm hungry and wish I had that delicious food in front of me!! I remember seeing you walk up, stunning in your outfit, with such a glow. Your presence is amazing. It's so wonderful to talk about the gamut, from makeup, style, and sewing to much deeper topics, so meaningful! I love the photography here. Thank you for making me look good. :-)

    Looking forward to our next visit. LOVE YOU!! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you miss! Reflecting back your glow and presence of course! Always love when we get together. Looking forward to our next outing!
      XO

      Delete
  3. You are art, both of you! Jean looks wonderful in all the layers. I love this denim skirt with frills and her enormous scarf with this black long top - oh and the bracelets are such a beautiful collection. She is so inspiring, isn't she? I love the way you wear hat with the scarf too! And it's great that you keep experimenting with your style, I really like what you did here, Feda! Cambridge looks like an amazing place to visit - so many cultures, colors, tastes blended together... I think I can even smell it! Wish I was there with you two! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Share some LOVE