Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hazy Landscapes Part I

DSC_4485
DSC_4493
DSC_4489
“Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?”
Rumi

We went up to the Vermont/Newhampshire area for the weekend to ski and enjoy the scenery. Winter is beautiful up there. I have such a love hate relationship with winter ever since I experienced winter up north. The snow covered mountains just take my breath away!

I didn't take too many photos on this trip. I took a lot on my phone and posted on instagram if you want to check those out. I mostly wanted to take it all in and relax but we did a whole lot of driving back and forth so I decided to experiment a bit with the camera while in motion. I let the shutter speed drag a bit and because we were already moving it created a hazy/moody feeling. I wanted to capture an emotion and not necessarily a perfect image. I've been in an imperfect state of mind lately. Letting things flow and be as they are. I loved taking these! It was a good release. I had fun exploring the colors in the sky and the shapes of the trees and mountains. SO SURREAL! For REAL!

XO
Feda

P.S. I will now be uploading posts every Monday and Thursday!!! I've tried the whole do as you feel thing and I feel like I need some structure to help me continually create and work. The old way wasn't working so I'll try this out and see how it goes. When something isn't working you have to change something! Change is good. It keeps you moving.  I'm really excited to see what I can come up with. If there's anything you would like to see or if there's certain posts you want more of, please do let me know. I appreciate any feedback :)

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find words to explain how these pictures affect me. They feel simple yet exquisitely rich, like a handwoven piece of silk that shimmers, bringing to mind the metaphor of the thin veil between us and Love. The quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so beautifully said Jean, thank you for your beautiful words. I enjoyed the release these gave me. Letting go of perfection and taking in the fluid motion of time and beauty.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Share some LOVE