Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Denise Hajjar Fashion Show to benefit the Syrian Lebanese Women's Club Scholarship Fundraiser

I shot my first fashion show! Woot!  I was super excited when my friend Jamie asked me if I would shoot the fundraiser/fashion show of an organization she is a part of called the Syrian Lebanese Women's Association of Greater Boston. The group is a nonprofit that provides scholarships for college to women of Syrian/Lebanese decent. I thought this was such a great cause and I was happy to be able to provide my services.

I was nervous per usual with anything new I do but the pressure was a bit higher because I was shooting garments of one of the top designers in Boston, the lovely Denise Hajjar.

"Boston born and raised, Denise Hajjar inherited her design interest and talent from her grandmother who was also a designer in Damascus, Syria and her grandfather who was a patternmaker and dress factory owner from Beirut, Lebanon.

After graduating from The School of Fashion Design, Denise decided to stay close to her Boston roots and start a business here. With almost 30 years in her own design business, Denise has established herself as a top designer, having sold her creations nationally to department stores, specialty boutiques, and individual clients worldwide." Denise sells her garments at the Fairmont coply Plaza Hotel in Boston.
(taken from her website )

Here are some of my favorite pics from the show.





















Jamie was really sweet to send Denise the pictures from the show and I was surprised when I got an email from Denise herself " Hi Feda. Thank you sooooo much to taking the photos. They came out great!!! I love them. Thank you for your kindness and generosity." Cool right?!

I had a great time and met some amazing ladies. As always I'm very grateful for the beautiful people in my life and the opporunities that come my way. 

6 comments:

  1. woo hoo! Congrats on shooting your first fashion show! I'm so happy you are getting so much business! (I know that was a lot of exclamation points but they were all necessary)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhamdulillah inshallah you get many more opportunites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work, your photos are beautiful, i like the scarves and the rings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for all the love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first fashion show. The photos are gorgeous and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete

Share some LOVE