Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.

black-6
black-5
black-7

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle Onassis

When I did this series I was in a defiant mood. I was feeling down about a lot of things at the same time. I happened to be missing a project life image for the theme black so I decided to play around and see what I came up with. I draped a cloth backdrop on a shelf, stuck a chair in the middle of my living room, brought out a speed light and a small umbrella, put some black eyeliner on my lips and had it out with the camera. It was the greatest feeling when i finished. I edited these with a really old Incubus cd playing in the background which added to the whole kick ass mood. I felt like I took a bunch of crap emotions and turned them into gold! GOOD TIMES! Moral of the story, if you're feeling down, create, write, paint, draw, go hiking, take a walk, take some pictures, do something where you can let that energy out in a positive way. I think that when you DO, you FEEL, in that moment, and not any other. The doing helps to clear your mind and make room for some light. More light is always a good thing in my eyes.

Much love,
Feda

6 comments:

  1. I see you traveling at the speed of light, yet capturing the moments, frozen and expressive. Dark or light, the images are lovely. They can't help but string together, making a beautiful mosaic of your vision. Your art brings joy to the world. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean! I appreciate your thoughtful comments always :) I feel like I have a long way to go but I'm glad to be moving. It's strange to look back and see growth because for the longest time I felt like I was just standing still.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, as usual, and some very sound advice as well. I am still enjoying the photos that I had you do for me and I hope that all is well with you and your family.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Guinnevere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guinnevere! So nice to hear from you! I'm glad you're still enjoying them, as I still enjoy looking back on them. We're all doing well. Hope everything is well with you!
      Much love,
      Feda

      Delete
  4. It's great to hear from you too! I'm very glad that your family is doing well. And yes, I am doing well too. I am still living in the same place and things are going great. I can't wait for the Spring so we can be outside more, the flowers will bloom and the leaves will be on the trees. Keep up the good work with the photography, the makeup and the posts that you put up here. And once again, I always enjoy hearing from you!!
    Love and Hugs,
    Guinnevere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're doing well! Me too, it's getting too cold now! I'm ready for spring :)

      Delete

Share some LOVE